Sunday Services - Fun, Fellowship and Faith
Explore your spirit at the First Unitarian Society of Ithaca. Weekly worship services are held on Sundays at 10:30 am from September - mid-June. We have two virtual summer services planned for 2021. One on July 18, 2021 at 9:30 am and one on August 8, 2021 at 9:30 am. The summer services can be viewed on our YouTube Channel. Our services feature inspiring words, music, and stories exploring themes in a multigenerational context. We are excited to welcome you! View past services.
Community Life at FUSIT
Newcomer’s Welcome Form
Online Treasure Auction
Babies First Information
Annual Vision of Ministry 2021-2022
- Connection: We will work together to support the physical and emotional needs of our community as we continue to convene remotely, and also to re-connect and recover from the strains of the pandemic when the church doors reopen. We will create space for healing and building a congregational culture that reinforces our vision, mission and adheres to the principles of our covenant.
- Inspiration: We will continue to advance opportunities for congregational faith formation by creating spaces for dialogue and reflection that help members of our community grow their Unitarian Universalist spiritual identities, strengthen community, and embody our values and principles in their daily lives. We will embrace ideas and opportunities to support a culture of innovation and creativity that allows us to re- imagine what it means to be part of FUSIT in a rapidly changing and uncertain world.
- Engage: We will strengthen and extend our collective commitment to service and social justice based on our UU principles; projecting our UU voice and values in Ithaca and beyond. This year, our engagement efforts will focus on our congregational commitment to anti-racism, including our embrace of the UU Living the Pledge program and exploration of the proposed UU Eighth Principle, building our personal and congregational commitment and capacity so we can be more effective within our own walls, and in the broader community.
- June Possible Ponderings – Play June 1, 2021Possible Ponderings is an offering of ways you might consider engaging more deeply with the theme or reflecting on the ways the idea of Play shows up in your life.
- Soul Matters June – Play May 28, 2021Our June worship theme at First Unitarian Society of Ithaca is Play. This month’s packet includes a few short readings, spiritual exercises, and discussion questions for you to consider. Here is the link to participate in this curriculum.
- Farewell Gift for Reverend Margaret May 26, 2021To thank Reverend Margaret for her dedication to FUSIT the past few years and let her know how grateful we are to her and how much we will miss her… We are collecting money for a Farewell Gift. You can donate in any of the ways you normally do Send a check to the office (PO Box ...
- No events